Silverfishes are small, poppy, and wingless insects. People think they don’t bite, so they are not harmful. But, this is not the case. If any pest does not bite that does not mean that it is not harmful, your need to get a professional pest inspection. Silverfish has its own disadvantages of being around you. It causes damage to your personal belongings, especially things made up of paper. They seem to appear more in those places where the humidity level is higher.
Here are some ways in which silverfish can destroy your properties:
- Silverfish can ruin your homes: They do not chew your wood items, but they feed upon the starch of your wallpapers. They are not like other wood borers but not that ignorable also. It is very important to hack their presence, spots of infestation, and their spread in your house.
- Silverfish can damage your belongings: These pesky bugs can destroy your documents, files, toothpaste, silk fabrics, and whatnot. They also nibble on your baseball cards, tapestries, and also synthetic fibers. Similarly, they don’t spare your magazines and books.
- Silverfish can contaminate your food too: You have so many food items in your kitchen and pantry. They have the capability of chewing paper bags that may help to reach your food items. Generally, they don’t spare rolled oats, starch, flour, and sugary items. To avoid their feast on your dinner table, you should keep them in sealed plastic containers.
- Silverfish can cause water loss: These wingless insects have the potential to cause water damage causing water holes. They can cause holes in water lines and ducts. This may lead to excessive flow of water in the house. The water loss in any house is the worst thing to happen. So, if you don’t want to face water scarcity, then do not let them spread in your house.
How to prevent the spread of silverfish at home?
Silverfish can easily invade your house in any season. They are harmless but very destructive. Their nocturnal behavior makes them more difficult to trace.
- Keep your cereals, grains, pasta, and other food items in an airtight container.
- You should get your basements lined up with proper plastic sheetings.
- Vacuum your upholstery, carpets, and rugs on a regular basis.
- If there are any areas that contain more moisture or humidity then get those spaces ventilated.
- Keep the gutters clean and drains away from your home.
- Properly seal the cracks and holes, check the seams on the walls and the baseboards.
Get rid of silverfish with experts in Berwick
Silverfish are amongst the oldest creatures in the world. They are creepy and crawly. You should not take a minor problem to the level of infestation by ignoring these bugs. We at Pest Control Berwick have all the required tools and solutions to endow you with the best possible results. Our professionals are trained and certified as well. We provide the first-class service at a very low price. Just give us a call on (+61) 344 222 299 and we will be at your doorstep very soon.